COVID-19 Update: Dear Applicants and Potential Participants,
Our crews and individual placements have always been the foundation and driving force of this organization. The safety of our participants has always been our utmost priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 situation, we have activated an Incident Response Team and are working around the clock to monitor and manage the effects of the outbreak. Conservation Legacy and its programs are strictly following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local public health agencies.
Mitigation and Minimizing Risk
We have implemented a variety of policies and protocols to reduce the risk to our participants and staff:
- Field crew programming has been postponed through May 1st, 2020. Individual Placement programming is running on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the placement’s ability to social distance and work remotely.
- Hygiene: All current participants and staff are following hygiene and safety protocols provided by the CDC, WHO and other public health agencies. Offices and sites are being sanitized and cleaned as often as appropriate.
- Remote Work Possibilities: Staff and eligible individual placements will be working remotely if possible. Social distancing is required of everyone, to the highest degree they are able to do so.
- Evaluating Travel and Large Events: All non-essential travel and group events have been cancelled or postponed.
- Self-Disclosure: Individuals joining the program or currently participating in the program will be requested to self-disclose any contact with individuals who are currently ill or may have been exposed to the illness. Participation or engagement in programming and/or activities may be delayed for individuals who have had recent contact. The well-being and privacy of such members is our number one priority.
At this time, our programming start dates after May 1st remain unaffected. While this may change, we encourage all interested applicants to apply for any open positions, and we thank you for your flexibility. We have always been a resilient organization and are dedicated to continuing to serve our communities and the environment into the future.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your program or recruitment staff.
We urge everyone to follow CDC and WHO protocols to limit the spread of the virus. We hope that you and your families are well.
Conservation Legacy and Program Staff
Challenging and rewarding! Leadership positions with Southeast Conservation Corps (SECC) give leaders a chance to grow, while inspiring and mentoring their crew.
Southeast Conservation Corps’ Crew Leaders perform many roles and are the key to our program’s success. The position is multi-faceted and demanding, but with opportunity for enormous rewards. Successful candidates will demonstrate resourcefulness, effective communication skills, excellent judgement, maturity, initiative, professionalism, and the desire to devote themselves to a crew experience where the needs of others are placed above oneself. The Crew Leader position requires, mentorship, patience, technical aptitude, focus on efficiency, and a high level of comfort in the outdoors. Crew Leaders are ultimately responsible for the success of the crew. SECC offers opportunities to lead adult, youth and Veterans Fire Corps crews.
Please see the table below for open positions with Southeast Conservation Corps. Click the 'Apply Here' link for more information and instructions to apply. For more information about position that will open in the future, please see individual program pages. Good luck!
|Crew Leader • American Sign Language Inclusion Youth Camping Crew ||Chattanooga, TN||May 25 - July 17, 2020||Apply Here|
|Crew Leader Development Position • American Sign Language Inclusion Youth Camping Crew||Chattanooga, TN||May 25 - July 24, 2020||Apply Here|
|Staff Youth Crew Leader • Chickamauga Chattanooga Conservation Crew||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - July 3, 2020||Apply Here|
|Staff Crew Leader • Adult Camping Crew||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - Sept 8, 2020||Apply Here|
|Crew Leader Development Position • Adult Camping Crew||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - Sept 8, 2020||Apply Here|
|Staff Youth Crew Leader • Women's Conservation Corps||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - July 24, 2020||Apply Here|
|Staff Crew Leader • Urban Archaeology Corps||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - July 28, 2020||Apply Here|
|Crew Leader Development Position • Urban Archaeology Corps||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - July 28, 2020||Apply Here|
|Staff Crew Leader • Adult Camping Crew, 6-month||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - November 20, 2020||Apply Here|
|Crew Leader Development Position • Adult Camping Crew, 6-month||Chattanooga, TN||June 1 - November 20, 2020||Apply Here|
WHO WE SERVE
Southeast Conservation Corps emphasizes the recruitment and engagement of diverse teams and individuals who learn from each other and their projects in a supportive environment. In selecting participants, Southeast Conservation Corps encourages all types of diversity including, but not limited to; race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social-economic, and disability.
Southeast Conservation Corps also emphasizes the engagement of local individuals who represent the communities in which they serve. Southeast Conservation Corps intentionally searches for funding sources and program options to support the goal of offering experiences to a wide range of participants.